Jun 13, 2011

Coastie's Cruise for Kids

Todd spearheaded the organization of the first annual Coastie's Cruise for Kids, to raise money for Special Olympics and Coast Guard families in need.  A motorcycle ride from Legeune MotorSports in Jacksonville to Buffalo Wild Wing's in Morehead City.  The ride had 28 bikes and I think 33 people, and took a little over an hour.  Todd was told by others there that it was a good turn out for a first ride.  They intend to do this every year and hopefully get more and more to turn out for it.  They raised a good amount and Todd and I met some Special Olympians at BW's and sat down to talk with them and the coordinator for Carteret County S.O.   Here is the flier I designed for the ride, I also designed the t-shirt back.  I enjoy that kind of thing, maybe I should check out web design, who knows?! 
It was the first time I have gone for a long ride with Todd since my Achilles tendon rupture, so Todd was happy, he has been asking me for month's now.  I did go on a short ride around Havelock with him, but that was not much for him.  It was a nice day and we had fun together, we even stayed and had lunch a BW's.  They LOVE him there, he is one of maybe 6 people that still work there from the opening.  They treat him like he's a manager, he's one of the oldest and by far one of the most reliable employee's.  I think EV(the owner) would hire him as a manager if he didn't have a REAL day job.  I'm glad he mostly enjoys it, because he works really long hours.  Thank you Todd for being a great husband, father and provider!
Todd and I at the Coastie's Cruise for Kids!

No comments: